Graphic and Digital Designer
A versatile creative with strong print and digital content expertise and a passion for strategic design, brand development, and new technologies.
Senior Graphic Designer
Office of Communications, Dartmouth College (2012 – Present)
- Responsible for all visual design managed by the Office of Communications as well as high priority creative projects for the Office of the President and other campus departments.
- Participated in kick-off, planning, and briefing meetings for high-level institutional projects.
- Played a key role in refreshing Dartmouth’s visual identity system.
- Worked closely with the Director of Digital Strategy and Creative Services to develop and manage the Dartmouth brand.
- Provided creative direction and advised on brand guidelines for internal and external projects as requested by various departments.
- Collaborated with editorial teams, directors, project managers, and writers to create compelling marketing collateral in line with strategic messaging.
- Trained and mentored other colleagues, inspiring creativity.
- Met with clients to gather project requirements and determine schedules for deliverables.
- Created concepts and ideas. Presented design work to internal stakeholders.
- Managed design and production processes, ensuring quality control and efficient workflow in order to accommodate tight timelines.
- Established trusting relationships with external agencies and supervised all print production.
- Directed photo shoots and reviewed color on press checks.
- Took charge of front-end development using tools including HTML, CSS, JS, Bootstrap, and Shorthand.
- Designed and developed new digital storytelling websites while driving adoption of new technologies, frontend tools, and frameworks.
- Created wire-frames, designs, and interactive prototypes for review and discussion.
- Oversaw all aspects of the commencement program design and production.
Hero Media Arts (2012 – Present)
- Designed and developed print materials and websites for green energy companies and businesses throughout Maine.
Freelance Designer/Instructional eLearning Designer
NDRI-USA (2016 – Present)
- Built instructional eLearning modules for responders to opioid overdose emergencies.
Interactive Media Designer
Dolby Europe Licensing Ltd, Swindon, United Kingdom (2005 – 2012)
- Responsible for the design and development of all digital-based work for Dolby Europe.
- Developed content for the dolby.com website. Built immersive html and flash mini-sites showcasing Paramount and Warner Bros. movies.
- Constructed email newsletters and designed the user interface for the Dolby movie store website.
- Created Flash demonstrations for Dolby Headphone virtual surround sound and a technology guide for an Android tablet.
- Constructed rich media flash banners with 3rd party integration and analytics tracking.
- Designed international trades show displays, stand artwork, and motion graphics sequences for broadcast exhibitions.
- Provided graphic support and managed stand builders at trade shows in Berlin, Amsterdam, and Barcelona.
- Produced innovative marketing materials including advertisements, product brochures, marketing sheets, retail posters, and newsletters, each in multiple languages. Generated print quotes, liaised with printers, and checked proofs.
- Liaised closely with marketing managers and copywriters across cinema, broadcast, mobile, PC, and tablet segments.
- Briefed, worked alongside, and managed external agencies and freelancers. Collaborated with the US creative team.
Freelance Graphic/Web Designer
Chicho Marketing and PR, Yorkshire, United Kingdom (2010 – 2012)
Creative Design Advertising Ltd, Hastings, New Zealand (2004)
ArtHaus, Marlow, United Kingdom (2002 - 2004)
Junior Graphic Designer
The AdVal Group plc, Aylesbury, United Kingdom (2000 - 2002)
Graphic Design BA Honors degree
Coventry University, United Kingdom (September 1997- June 2000). Graduated with Honors. (September 1997- June 2000)
BTECH Level 5, Advanced Professional Award in Management Studies
Cirencester College, United Kingdom (September 2005 – February 2006)
Association for Project Management, Introductory Certificate in Project Management
On-Site course at Dolby Europe Licensing Ltd, United Kingdom (September 2011)
- Developing content-managed websites
- Building instructional eLearning modules
- Integrating jQuery, PHP, databases, and UI toolkits
- Creating animations and motion graphics sequences
- Email marketing design and build
- Online display banner ads
- UI/UX Design and prototyping
- Targeted landing pages
- User journeys, site maps, and wireframes
- Testing cross-platform and browser compatibility
- Determining metrics, SEO, and Google analytics
- Setting up and managing web hosting environments
- Layout and artworking
- Branding and concept design
- Printing and pre-press
- Drawing, typography and illustration
- Art directing photoshoots, color correction, and retouching
- Obtaining quotes, managing suppliers, agencies and freelancers
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Captivate e-Learning
- Sketch, InVision Studio
- HTML, CSS
- Bootstrap 4 Framework
- Development environment: Larval Valet
- Sequel Pro
- Pre-processor: CodeKit